Thursday, August 01, 2013

Madrid: Day 2

August 1, 2013
As I said we arrived here by train from Santiago on Sunday night, July 28. We didn't do much eccept take a taxi to the Sol area. The Plaza del Sol area is pedestrian as are several streets that lead off of it. All was in motion.

Our taxi driver could only drop us off by the statue of a bear standing on it's hind legs with front paws leaning against a tree. It's the symbol of Madrid, I believe. Buskers were working, but not many seemed to notice them.

Our hotel was on one pedestrian street. The man at the desk was kind and gave us a good map and good information.

We checked into our €50 a night room. Two things struck us when we walked in, black satin curtains and a musty smell. I though I was back in India when I went to turn on the faucet in the sink and all the plumbing moved.

We had air conditioning and soap. Good thing, as my soap was gone.

No comments: