Friday, March 26, 2010

Dancing with the Stars

Writing from Maryland today, and posting some photos from
the "Art at the Arnold" Painting and Drawing Juried Competition.

Day One of the Competition we painted from live athletes.
 Day Two, Arnold's good friend, Sylvester Stallone showed up.
Here is my friend Carrie Lewis (center) and I
sneaking into a photo with Sly.


Notice my 3-D sunglasses?
I'd recently seen Avitar, and I wore my glasses
to lessen the glare from the blanket of snow on the ground in Ohio.
The glasses fit comfortably over my regular glasses,
and I forgot I had them on.


Above is a photo of me (far right) with the man himself.
The Terminator, The Governor,
signing his autograph in my sketchbook.

And just after getting the autograph,
here he is looking at my painting.
"This reminds me of the movie, They Shoot Horses Don't They?"
he said. I told him it was ballroom dancing,
to The Matrix. Mr. Stallone said,
"Arnold, it looks like you and me dancing."

So here I was, 'dancing with the stars':
Arnold, Sylvester and my winning painting.
Dark glasses, the key to success.
Thanks to my good frineds Edie Dean and Ray Hassard for the photos.

1 comment:

Myrna Wacknov said...

How Cool! Congratulations on winning top honors. It sounds like this was such a fun event! Maybe the idea will catch on and other places will have a similar paint off!