Monday, October 04, 2010

Hello from Nashville, Tennessee!

Not Paris, not Nashville, but a wonderful cafe au lait from
Balzac's Coffee in Stratford, Ontario.

I tried to make this post at 8:00 am this morning, but for some reason, things shut down. My good friend and workshop taking buddy, Edie Dean, and I are installed at the Hampton Inn in Nashville until Friday morning.

I don't much like the coffee at this hotel chain, so I decided to post a photo I took last weekend when Martin and I went on a spur of the moment seven hour drive to the Stratford Shakespeare Festival. It just wouldn't be Stratford without a cup from Balzac's.

We had a wonderful time in Stratford despite the fact that the weather wasn't great. We saw two plays: Shakespeare's As You Like It, in a 1920's setting; and, Dangerous Liasions. We also had a very fine Indian meal in the Raja, restaurant. All in all, a short but successful trip.

I might write another short blog entry later this evening, we are wiped out from day 2 of the workshop!

No comments: