Tuesday, November 10, 2015

An Egg-citing Traveling Exhibition!

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends . . . . come inside, come inside" - my world.

My work of art wrapped up for yesterday's delivery.
Enter the door to Art 360: Contemporary Egg Hatching Across Ohio, an exhibition that will be traveling to three Ohio museums in 2016! The concept is the brainchild of Mr. Charles Bluestone, a Columbus lawyer and art enthusiast, and the exhibition will be comprised of 48 ostrich eggs, each decorated by a different Ohio artist who was invited to participate.

You can read the history of the exhibition and view all the eggs that have been photographed so far. My egg won't actually be on the website until sometime in December, and honestly, I don't know how they will photograph it. It just must be seen in person to fully appreciate it. But, you will be seeing it here, first, before anyone outside my family has seen it.

In my next few blog posts, I'll give you the title of the work, show progress photos, and talk about the materials and process.

Now, I want to ask you a question? Have you ever worked on a project using unconventional materials? If so you might answer yes or no, or share a photo and/or the story about your creation in the comments.

www.debrajoycedawson.com

No comments: