Friday, June 08, 2012

6th Solo Exhibition

I bought a Motorola Zyboard tablet last December, and I am writing to you from this tablet now. Of course, I am not a true tekky, so I am not sure what all I could be doing with it. One thing I do know is that it's hard to update my blog from this device, but easy to blog going through email. The only thing I don't like about that is not being able to position or size my photo before posting it.

My photo shows a page from the sketch book I was using in April when I was in Maryland. My daughter lives in Annapolis now, and while she worked and my granddaughter was at school, I loaded up with my backpack, panels and easel and walked into the town center. I was working each day and one night on paintings for my "27 Dresses Series". Here are four thumbnails for paintings that are on the wall of my current exhibition at the Sharon Weiss Gallery in Columbus, OH.

Two of the sketches are of the same dress. I titled that painting "Flirty Dress". It was so cute, and made of paper. The painting is just 5"x7", and I did a great job capturing it, under trying circumstances. (to be continued)

No comments: