Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ireland: Art in the Open, Sunday painting and reception

We arrived in Wexford about 3:30pm yesterday. Our room wasn't ready, so we went out for a walk around to see a bit of the town. There are some very interesting boats, shops, and historic sites. I found some things on one street near by that I thought would make great paintings, and the weather was superb, so we went back to the car and got my 6x8" magnetic pochade box. I just couldn't miss painting the Bar & Undertaker, and then had to go in for a pint of Guinness.

Then back to White's Hotel where the artist's were gathering for the meet and greet wine reception. I met the mayor of Wexford, and asked for a photo, especially since he was wearing his chain of office!

I have so much to tell and share about our first two days here - complete with gorgeous weather, but this is the first time I've been able to get a signal strong enough to send to my blog.

We are off for dinner and 'a painter's pint night in T. Morris Bar. Hope to have enough energy to blog when we get back.

No comments: