Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ireland or Bust: Part 3, Doolin

December 2005, painting at the foot of the Cliffs of Moher, using the same Yarka easel that I'd taken to India at the beginning of that year. I'm wearing about 5 layers of stuff including my Carharts.



And here they are, at least what I could fit in the frame with one photo.
About 8am, Martin said the waves were around 30 feet.
He's the engineer and technical advisor, I just trust his judgement.

After painting, we decided to have a drive around and headed back inland. Such fun to come across this sweet little thatched "Sweets Shop".



And suddenly, we saw this!

These babies are hard to find now-a-days. This was the real thing, and I had to stop and paint it. At around noon, the sun came out and the temperatures dropped. My hands were freezing, but I was really happy to have painted this cottage. I hope that we see it again this year, I'd try again if the roads aren't busy with traffic.

No comments: