Wednesday, May 29, 2013

PARIS: Breakfast chez-moi

Thursday last week I went to the twice weekly market on St. Germain. It's about a 5 minute walk from my Rue Malebrancge studio.

The fromageur had on display 8 of these cheeses called "The Compostella". You see the symbol of St. Jacques stamped into the cheese.

I just had some of this cheese on toast. It's a goat's cheese I believe, but soft like a Brie. I tasted it, and liked it- you just don't know with some cheese, do you? But it was lovely, and really tasty with a little strawberry jam.

And, I made the last two plein air eggs. Great breakfast, but I need my cafe creme.

My suitcase is pretty much packed for my trip to St. Malo tomorrow morning.

I know I've been a little lax about blogging, but I have been walking and painting everyday. 10 paintings in 10 days. Not too bad, considering rain, theatre and a couple concerts and museums.

No comments: