Friday, June 21, 2013

Camino, Day 8: June 21, Friday. First day of summer and the pointy hill

Happy summer to all.

We started our day at 5:00 am, and walked in a rather heavy and steady rain for a few hours. My poncho died a few days ago, just seemed to fall apart without notice, so I only had a short LL BEAN waterproof fishing jacket. I got pretty wet, but it was warm. And once you make up your mind you'll be wet, and your boots in mud, you just put your head down and get on with it and walk.

It was an enjoyable walk through beautiful fields of grain or pines, realitively flat with a few steep, but short, hills.

Almost from the time we left, we saw this pointed mountain. From our maps, we were pretty sure that we'd be going up it.

We didn't climb it, but we walked all day to now be resting in it's shadow. It is calling us to climb as there is a 9th century monastic ruins, and a castle up there.

But, it is steep as you can see.

I did make 1-1/2 ink drawings of this. I didn't finish the second one as it's cold and windy, and the humid atmosphere made the drawing dry too slowly. I can easily finish it from the one in my book.

No comments: