Monday, June 15, 2015

Residency #1: June 15, of mice and butterflies.

My Facebook friend, Linda Crank, posted last week the need for a butterfly for a painting. While hiking a few days back, I saw a beautiful gold and rust colored one flitting about on the trail before me.

Later that same day, I found a different butterfly dead on the road on my way home. It's Cave Road. You know, the same road where the turtle hangs out sometimes.

Well, I had to collect it, and placed it in a glass in my car for safekeeping. I carried the glass into my bedroom, put it on my little table, and it still sat there as I drifted off to sleep.

I woke at 6:20am, as I do each morning, and when I looked in the glass, I saw that a mouse had eaten the body, and left only the wings and maybe an antenna.

Sigh! Who knew? I was pretty disappointed.

1 comment:

Diane said...

so you mean there was a mouse in your room?