Wednesday, July 22, 2015

July 22, Wednesday, catching up

I had 2 days, one night away, and a harrowing drive home last night. I left Roscoff for home, stopped at St-Pol de Léon, just 7 minutes from Roscoff to see the cathedral, then back on the road in 30 minutes.

Things were rolling along and my expected arrival time was 9 or 9:30pm. But, halfway down the N12, all traffic came to a halt, everyone being sent off the motorway. CRAP! No matter where I went, the Garmin tried to get me back on that same blocked exit.

Finally, I worked out how to get home, and only added 2 hours to my normal drive. I felt I was finished driving in France. Tomorrow, I give back my little Skoda. It's been a wonderful car, full of zip. Would love to have one, and really enjoyed driving the stick again!!!

The photo is from my sketcbook/journal, and this morning's coffee.

No comments: