Friday, July 31, 2015

Thursday, July 30: two artists

I met two artists on the street as I set up to paint in front of a dress shop that I'd admired for a long time. Yesterday, the light was perfect when I arrived, but visiting with these folks was important as well.

The first artist was Sean, from Wicklow, Ireland. He was from Wicklow. Not sure I spelled that correctly.

The second was Billy, from Sheffield, the 10 year old with the sketcbook who I'd met a few days ago. He walked up to me and said, "Hi, Debra." I told Sean about Billy's sketchbook. Then suddenly, I said to Billy, "Would you like to paint?" With a big smile and no hesitation, he said, "Yes!"

His younger brother wanted to paint, too. But sadly, that didn't happen. As as they walked off, he was crying his eyes out. I yelled down the street to his Mum, "He hates me now." "No he doesn't," was her kind reply.

No comments: