Thursday, July 30, 2015

Wednesday, July 29: La Belle Assise

At 6pm, I made the big climb up to the museum above to speak with the ladies about my taxi. They were very helpful. Long story short,the taxi had been ordered for the following day, the 30th.

The young woman took me to my chambre d'hôte. She helped me to figure out how to get inside the house with lots of security. I gave her the 10€ that I would have paid the taxi. She had been so very kind.

Once inside, the young man began showing me the security codes, keys, etc., explaining everything I needed to know. He was just showing me my room, huge, luxurious, when his Mum arrived and said I was booked for tomorrow.

She showed me the reservation book in her hand, and we discussed the date, and it was then that I realized my mistake. All I could do was shake my head and laugh. Over and over again.

Luckily, I could have my room for two nights. I love this place. So comfortable, and I have to use my French with Madame. People here ask me where I learned my French, that it's very good. Again, I shake my head and laugh, because my French is so very bad.

But I must thank my wonderful teacher, Françoise. Spending time with her has been one of the greatest pleasures in my life. Merci, Madame.

No comments: